General Dyslexia Resources:
- The Yale Center for Dyslexia & Creativity - General dyslexia information from Dr. Sally Shaywitz, Director
- Bright Solutions for Dyslexia - General dyslexia information & videos from Susan Barton, Director
- International Dyslexia Association - Upper Midwest Branch - Resources, Referrals, Webinars, Tutors
- Dyslexia Training Institute - Advocacy resources for parents and online classes
- Fact Sheets from the IDA- National IDA site
- Reading Rockets - Find resources for teaching and helping struggling readers.
- National Center for Learning Disabilities - Online resource for parents and teachers
- Understood - Online resource for parents and teachers
- Wrightslaw Special Education Law and Advocacy
- National Reading Panel - "On April 13, 2000, the National Reading Panel concluded its work and submitted its final reports."
- Story Time from Space - Astronauts on the International Space Station reading books.
- Logic of English - Phonogram list and spelling rules.
- Minnesota Department of Education (MDE)
- PACER Center - call 952-838-9000
- Groves Academy - (St. Louis Park, MN)
- The Reading Center - (Rochester, MN)
- Orton-Gillingham of MN
- OG Reading Specialist
- Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes
Learning Disabilities of America (LDA) - Minnesota
- Learning Ally - Audio book library for people with print disabilities
- Bookshare - Audio and e-book library (free for students with print disabilities)
- Voice Dream - Customized reading app for Ipad and Iphone, used to download Bookshare books
- PACER - Center on Technology and Disability - what AT is right for your child? AT lending library
- Assistive Technology Solutions for Dyslexia - Jamie Martin's technology blog for dyslexia
- Libraries - Many libraries have audiobooks and/or e-audiobooks online.
Hennepin County; Ramsey County
Disclaimer: Please note that DD-MN does not endorse, represent or have any legal connection with any of the resources listed above. These are resources that many parents have found useful in searching for information about dyslexia.